Saturday, March 19, 2011

July 2010

Ok, so here is a somewhat quick synopsis of July happenings. There are only a few major events that I can attribute to this month so here we go. My BFF Keli and I had planned a girls trip. First one since having Miller and her having the twins. Our plan was to hit the beach in Naples. We were to stay with Dad and Anita, have wine and margaritas, and just veg without kids. Spending some time catching up on life.

Brian and I had continued on the house hunt. We found the neighborhood we were set on, and even the house. Now to find someone who would loan us the money. Just so you know, not many banks have had experience with a couple who short saled a home and within one year came into enough money for a significant down payment and who has no current debt. That is where we had some trouble.

One the way home from the house hunting on a Sunday, I received a call from my sister Kelly. She was calling to let me know that Anita's children, Tera and Jeremy, had been in a motorcycle accident. Jeremy was killed on impact and Tera was life-flighted form Olive Hill, KY to Huntington, WV. Kelly was on flight duty trying to help Dad and Anita get out of Naples and to Huntington ASAP. My world crumbled...for Anita. See she has a very special place in my heart and she treats us as her own children. Though I have never met Jeremy or Tera, they are my family, my siblings. My heart was broken as I could not imagine what Anita was going through.

I called Keli and canceled the girls trip. Loaded up the car and drove to Huntington instead. My sisters also drove to WV so we could all be there for Dad and Anita. Oh, by the way, I think I forgot to mention that I had a positive pregnancy test on the Monday following the news. When it rains it pours.

We spent 5 days in WV, attended Jeremy's funeral, and just tried to provide some support and distraction for Anita at the hospital between visiting hours and the drama that so unfortunately surrounded the waiting room at the hospital. The whole trip was a nightmare for all. One positive in the mix though, my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Lee had made the trip from east TN and NC to be there in support of Anita. They were sitting in the waiting room with Dad and Anita when we arrived. I have never been so reminded of the true meaning and importance of family as I was in that moment.

Maybe amidst the tragedy, we will see some new relationships form. I could be happier that my aunt, who has lost both of her sons, will be actively involved with her "new sister" in the grieving and coping process. God love my father, but he isn't exactly made out for things of the heart (by his own choice).

So that is enough for July...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is a lot to process and recap. So sorry for Anita - what pain. Happy for baby #2 for you. I will email when passing through Memphis again en route to move to NC in mid May.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete