Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

So, this Mother's Day, it is just me a my girl here in Florida. I received a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips from Miller and her Daddy yesterday! And he really doesn't like to send flowers! Very special! Miller and I set up her Dora tent for her to play in today while I try to get some more packing done, This time next week, my little family will all be in one city again remembering how wonderful life can be when we are just together!

I am very much remembering my mother today as well. She was such a special lady. I realize, the older I get, that she was such an incredible woman. I feel like there was so much about her I didn't know. But, I'll tell you a few things that I do know. She had a beautiful smile. She could light up a room with that smile. She was very serious about a lot of things in life. She loved her children more than herself. She made a few bad choices in life, but regardless of regret, learned to move on. She was an inspiration to me, with strength that will be unsurpassed. She battled cancer with grace that we can all learn from. She loved the Lord and her faith was to be admired.

I like to think that I learned a lot from her while she was here. I pray that I picked up on some of those amazing qualities. I miss you, Mom! Today and every day. I pray that I can be half the woman and mother you were to me! Happy Mother's Day

4 comments:

  1. You have alot of mom's qualities, that beautiful smile, you are a GREAT mom, and the strongest chick I know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing about your Mom. I thought a lot about you both yesterday. You are so strong! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww... that is so sweet. i know mother's day i hard for you every year... thanks for sharing.
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara - my sister Erin sent me the link to your blog. Mother's Day is tough on "motherless daughters", it makes us miss our moms even more, doesn't it? Sounds like you and Miller had a beautiful day. I'm happy for you that you are headed back to Memphis! Katie

    ReplyDelete